Sonntag, 4. November 2018

Wednesday 10/31/2018: Halloween (and my Birthday)

Today was a great day in which especially the children in the USA are looking forward every year: Halloween. So, I (Benedikt) have been excited about this day, too. My birthday is on this date and because of this I have never celebrated Halloween before, so it was the first time I went Trick or Treating!

I had to get up early for school again, but I did not mind. However, I got away in the second block for “pumpkin carving”. Some US families took us with their cars to Hancock. Luckily my host-family showed already how to carve a pumpkin so I was a bit better now. All my classmates did pretty well, too.

At two o’clock they brought us back to school from where I went with my Host (Max) back home. When we arrived there, my host-parents have already prepared the pizza party for my birthday. Soon all of my classmates arrived, some with their hosts. The first game we did was turning someone into a mummy. For Jackson, Liam and me Max had to perform this honor. After that we did a “pumpkin smash”, a tradition on Halloween, where we throwed pumpkins on a rock. And then some classmates and I had to hit a pinata. At the end I got some presents from my host-family!

In the evening Max and I went Trick or Treating in Francestown, which was a very nice place to go. Max was a wolf and I was Harry Potter. We also got lots of sweets!
So after this I can say that this was a birthday I will never forget!

Our carved pumpkins
Form l. to r.: My host Max, Jackson, me (Benedikt), Maxi





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen